How To Market Your Small Business: Online and Offline
Buy and Download >
As a small business owner, the ability to market your business for growth is essential. It does not matter if your business is a small one, such as a local repair shop or retail store, or a larger one, finding the right way to communicate with your prospective clients is critical. One of the biggest concerns a business has is getting new customers. You have excellent products and services. Yet, new customers do not call, come in to your store, or visit your website. The only way to improve this situation is by spreading the word about your business and letting everyone know what it is and what it can do for them. In this ebook we share online and offline tips and strategies to help grow your business.
What You Will Learn
There is no better advertising campaign than one that is low cost and helps you gain new customers. Great business ideas when used can save lots of money. Here are a few advertising ideas discussed in the ebook:
- Making and distributing fliers - Print a good amount of fliers and give it to anyone who is visiting your business like family, friends, mailman, etc. - Distribute business cards to everyone you meet at trade shows or related event where you may meet potential customers. - Give a few selected people a sample of your product. You can use college students to distribute fliers at supermarkets, community centers, or malls, on weekends when there is a rush.
- Encourage and reward the use of ‘word of mouth’ (WOM) advertising. Talk to everyone about your products and services and ask them to talk about it to others. WOM is a powerful tool to increase the size of your network and it is free. Remember to reward customers who refer to your business.
- Do not forget to tell everyone about your latest events, discounts and promotions. - Most businesses have company bulletin board to announce the company’s latest news. They can tack fliers and business cards on such bulletin boards. But before doing so, check out with the human resource department before placing the information as most of the HR departments make it compulsory to consult them.
- Get involved with school fundraisers it’s an easy way to market your business. - If you ship products, use the cardboard box, packing tape, and inserts for advertising. Look at packaging from Amazon for inspiration.
- Put music-on-hold (MOH) to good use by delivering marketing messages while the customer is on hold. Greet customers with a brief message, then provide helpful information like the website and email address. So that whoever calls will learn more about the business. When the company is providing special promotional offers and discounts, include information about those offers in the MOH message. They can also inform discontinuation of any services of products about. Change the message frequently as repetitive voicemails cause customers to lose interest.