HIM-650 Database Schema
Buy and Download >
Design a database schema for the proposed project goals and objectives included in your proposal in Topic 1. If you do not have access to ER modeling software or a diagramming tool like Visio or OmniGraffle, you can simply create diagrams in a presentation tool like PowerPoint. This is an essential skill that is used in the field. This assignment will be utilized again in Topic 5. Prior to Topic 5, review any feedback provided to you by the instructor. Part 1: Diagram Identify and list all relevant entities and their relationships. Include the following:
- Select no less than five entities.
- Provide a diagram.
- Map this to a database schema.
- Provide a data dictionary for all entity attributes.
Part 2: Discussion Include the following discussion with your diagram:
- Identify one or two areas of your design that seemed especially difficult to develop. What difficulty did you encounter in modeling or mapping to the schema?
- Based on project needs and the schema, discuss hosting considerations.
- Discuss the required resources and estimated budget for the project.
- In addition, provide the rationale for the design chosen, its limitations, and its possible extensions.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.