NTC 320 Week 4 Individual: West Consulting Data Center Design
Buy and Download >
To continue the support of the growth expansion plan and proposal for West Consulting, this week you will develop the data center design and security plan.
Design an enterprise data center solution that expands the campus LAN network, which has reached its capacity.
The design must include the following:
- A logically separated WLAN infrastructure that can be integrated into the existing enterprise network
- Data flows between segments of the enterprise network - public (outside), DMZ, private, and data center
Incorporate feedback you received from your instructor on the diagram from the Week Two Individual Assignment, "West Consulting Modular Design Proposal." Use this revised diagram, and the information from all previous assignments, as the basis for this diagram.
Create a high-level network security policy that identifies key network security measures.
Include the following components:
- List of network assets and their use(s)
- Potential threats and vulnerabilities in which assets need to be protected from including; open ports, malware, viruses, and specific types of attacks
- Detailed security methods you will use to protect these assets and how they will be implemented
- A high-level incident handling process for two of the network attacks you identified, including whom to contact (by role), what should happen to the asset, and how to protect data
Diagram your data center design in Microsoft® Visio®.
Document your security policy as either:
- A 2- to 3- page Microsoft® Word document
- A Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet, properly formatted for easy reading and reference
Note: You will use this completed assignment in the Week Five Individual Assignment titled, "West Consulting Voice and Video Network Design and Final Proposal."
Submit your assignment to the Assignments Files tab.