HLT54115 – Diploma of Nursing Assessment Task 1 – Plan and Create a Work Schedule – 25% Weightage
Buy and Download >
BSBWOR404 – Develop Work Priorities Version 1 2018 Page 1 of 7
In this assessment task you are required to develop a work plan and schedule for your workgroup, using the scenario provided (Appendix 1).
The task is designed to be applied to your workplace scenario. You are required to work collaboratively to produce a work plan, describe the applicable work roles and responsibilities, contingency measures, work schedule and record of adjustments made during implementation/completion.
To help you complete the work plan, you will need to consider:
? staff/patient needs
? work group targets (including budgetary, production, reporting, etc.)
? your responsibilities and priorities
? time and scheduling
? contingency planning for factors that may affect achievement of work objectives.
- 2. Identify your work objectives and complete a work plan. You may use the template provided in Appendix 2 or an alternative template or tool from your place of work. Your work plan needs to include at least 3 goals.
Address obstacles highlighted in the scenario and through your description of how you would address the issue, provide a rationale for your chose.
Ensure you include monitoring activities to measure achievement of objectives and performance of team members.
- 3. Assign job roles and responsibilities for each team member. You may use the template provided in Appendix 3 or an alternative template or tool from your place of work. Be careful when assigning job/task roles that you factor in the individual skills and knowledge that each participant possesses.
- 4. Analyse and prioritise work objectives in your plan to complete a work schedule for yourself and each team member. You need to provide a rationale for why you have assigned certain tasks to each team member. You may use the template provided in Appendix 4 or an alternative template or tool from your place of work.
- 5. Schedule time for work activities to ensure that the work is completed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
HLT54115 – Diploma of Nursing Assessment 1 – Plan and Create a Work Schedule
BSBWOR404 Develop Work Priorities Version 1 2018 Page 2 of 7
- what activity will be performed
- the intended outcomes for the activity and how the outcomes contribute to the overall goal
- any additional information necessary for a team member to follow the schedule effectively.
- how you incorporated work objectives and priorities into each team member’s schedule
- what interpersonal skills are required and important to collaboratively plan work objectives and responsibilities
- any obstacles that your team faced and whether you developed any contingency plans to deal with these
- methods used to monitor progress in accordance with organisational requirements such as work processes and procedures
- your thoughts on whether the task was a success or not and anything you would do differently if you were to complete the planning process over again