NUR703 Week 12 - Discussion Questions - The APRN has worked in a rural health clinic located in a small town….
Buy and Download >
NUR703 Week 12 - Discussion Questions
Ethics and Public Policy in Healthcare Delivery – Program Evaluation and the Impact of Social Networking
The APRN has worked in a rural health clinic located in a small town of about 7000 residents for many years. The clinic has been supported by a county tax and fee for service. The clinic provides care to a large number of individuals with Medicaid and Medicare and has a sliding fee schedule available for the uninsured. Due to budget constraints, county government officials are discussing closing the clinic to "get out of the business" of providing health care. The APRN has been asked to evaluate the services provided to determine if the clinic should continue to provide health care to the community.
1. Where should the APRN begin?
2. What are some potential role conflicts faced by the APRN?
3. How might the APRN gain support for the evaluation?
4. Who are the stakeholders? How will you involve the stakeholders in the evaluation process?
5. Identify a potential budget for the evaluation process.
6. What type of research methodology will be needed?
7. Are there any potential ethical considerations that must be addressed prior to beginning the evaluation process?
8. How would you disseminate the report?