NUR703 Week 2 DQ 1- For many nurses, the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics is…
Buy and Download >
NUR703 Week 2 DQ 1
Ethics and Public Policy in Healthcare Delivery - ANA Code of Ethics and Standards of Care
For many nurses, the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics is the single most useful document to consult when dealing with ethical problems in nursing practice. The Code offers standards for ethical behavior but does not provide the theoretical underpinnings of those standards.
In preparation for this discussion, please identify one of the nine tenets in the Code that is not clear or that you find difficult to support in your practice setting. After review the accompanying interpretive statements in the text, analyze the ways in which the tenet reflects the ethical theories you reviewed in week one.
Please include the following:
• Identify the tenet you have selected and why you find it unclear or difficult to support in your practice.
• Give an example of how the tenet might be applied in your practice setting.
• Explain the ways in which the tenet is supported by any or all of the theories you reviewed in week one.
• Explain how the tenet is compatible with any of the ethical theories.
• Explain why, in light of these theories, the meaning or usefulness of the tenet may be more apparent to you now. Alternatively, does it still seem congruent with your practice?
When responding to your colleagues’ postings, please reflect upon the following areas:
• Suggest why you might see things differently,
• Ask a probing or clarifying question, and
• Share an insight from having read other colleague’s posting.
• Do not create a new thread, use the reply option and follow the thread.
Reminder: Your written assignments must follow APA 6th edition guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations/sources.