HCS 589 Strategic Plan Part I – Organizational Structure
Buy and Download >
Read the following Strategic Plan Overview:
By definition, a strategic plan is designed to be used for 3 to 5 years or more. For your individual Strategic Plan project, you will write a strategic plan using the following outline. You may choose a health care organization you would like to focus on or develop a new health care business. Choose something you are passionate about and may implement in the future. It is recommended that if you choose to work with an existing organization that you add a new program or project to your plan. Suggestions for appropriate new projects include a new program or service for an existing organization, a new product line for an existing business, a new joint venture or acquisition, a new health care payer model for a state, or a new health care business.
Read the entire document. This is a multi-week assignment that has five components:
- Part I: The Organizational Structure (Week Two)
- Part II: Environmental Analysis (Week Three)
- Part III: Financial Planning (Week Four)
- Part IV: Implementation (Week Six)
- Part V: Evaluation and control (Week Six)
Select a health care organization you would like to focus on.
Research your chosen organization's governing structure.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report on your findings that address the following:
- Identify the organization's mission, vision, and key values.
- Analyze the framework of a strategic plan.
Describe the strategic planning model your chosen organization uses.
- Evaluate the relationship between the strategic plan and your organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Describe the organizational structure of your chosen organization.
- Identify the current key leaders in your chosen organization and describe their roles.
- Describe the change management model your chosen organization uses.
- Evaluate the impact of governance on implementation of strategic goals.
- Consider the role of the Board of Directors on formation of strategic goals.
- Analyze the organization's major service delivery and support activities in its value chain.
At a minimum, include the following:
- Target market
- Programs and services
- Clinical operations
- Organizational culture
- Strategic resources
- Analyze how the organization uses its value chain to implement its strategic plan.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources to support your information.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.