MGMT 6000 Dynamic-Leadership Assessment Brief 2 1
Buy and Download >
- Prepare a Personal and Professional Development Plan (PPDP) for your continued leadership development, drawing on your reflections and insights from the first assessment task (including feedback from your partner and other sources and your learning from this subject);
- Continue to increase self-awareness by deep thinking about your values and their influence on your life and career goals;
- Identify critical gaps between your current capabilities or sphere of influence and your leadership aspirations;
- Identify the influences of national and organisational cultures on your leadership perspectives and the implications for leading in different cultures;
- Apply knowledge from the theories and models of effective leadership to inform and guide your development plan.
How the assessment fits into the subject/course:
The focus on reflexive research methodologies and strategies is a core element of the MBA. This assessment provides you with opportunities to build on your personal reflections, apply the principles of strategic thinking and planning to your own life and prepare a personal development plan.
Assessment Linkages of Assessment 1 and Assessment 2:
Insights and understandings obtained in Assessment 1 will suggest themes that will be developed further to inform your planning in Assessment 2.
Each student will prepare a Personal and Professional Development Plan (PPDP) for continued leadership development. The period of the plan depends on your current career and life stage. It should cover a minimum of two years but could be 5 or 10 years. Select a time frame that makes sense to you and briefly explain why.
Select a model or framework of personal and leadership development that resonates with you and briefly justify your choice. Ensure that the components of your plan are anchored by appropriate leadership theory and models.
You should consider the influence of national and organisational cultures and social practices on your current leadership perspectives and how you can be effective as a future leader in other cultures, as we operate in an increasingly global economy.
Output/Deliverable and parameters of the assessment:
Each student will submit a report which contains your PPDP and brief explanations. The report can be in Word or PDF format of 2,000 words or an equivalent in PPT (landscape) format with voice-over explanations.
Resources to be provided:
Planning templates in the Activities sections of Modules 4 and 5.
The Learning Facilitator will suggest a range of possible models for leadership development.
A range of e-textbooks and journals is available through online journal databases, including EBSCO.
- Increased self-awareness, including personal values, personality preferences, leadership style and impact on other people as a basis for achieving potential.
- Knowledge of the major theories and models of leadership and their role in explaining and developing effective leadership.
- Understanding of reflective practice as a means of research and personal growth.
- Greater understanding of the influence of cultural and social backgrounds on leadership
effectiveness in own and other cultures.
- Capacity to apply the principles of strategic thinking and planning to own life and career.
- Confidence and courage to proceed with the implementation of a personal development plan.