The Session Long Project entails going through the process of influencing policymakers. In prior...
Buy and Download >
The Session Long Project entails going through the process of influencing policymakers. In prior SLP assignments you wrote a letter to “raise a concern” and “oppose a position” or “support a position.” While these are direct ways of influencing policymakers by letter writing, there are additional indirect ways that can also achieve your objectives. Some ways are writing a letter to the editor or “Op-Eds.”
Make sure to review the Oklahoma Rehabilitation Council “Writing Op-Eds and letters to the editor” page to help you complete this assignment.
- Choose any topic that is related to the category stated in SLP 1. (Teen Pregnancy)
- Pick a local newspaper to write to (you can use your hometown paper if you desire). Provide the name of the newspaper and the city. (Killeen Daily Herald)- Killeen, TX
- Write a one-page letter to the editor.
- Write one page of text on tips for writing a letter to the editor.
- What are some advantages of writing a letter to the editor compared to the letters from prior SLP assignments? (Raise a Concern, Supporting a Position, or Opposing a Position)
Recap: Your assignment should consist of: A one-page letter to the editor and one page on tips/advantages for writing a letter to the editor. ( It is on the same pdf as the Writing Ops-Eds and Letters to the Editor)
Length: 2 pages.
I need at least 3-4 references. APA, Times New Roman, 12 Font, Double Space
SLP Assignment Expectations
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric that is linked within the course. Review it before you begin working on the assignment.