Introduction This course is the capstone course for your MBA program. This final paper will...
Buy and Download >
Introduction This course is the capstone course for your MBA program. This final paper will attempt to capture things you have learned throughout the program with a focus on Bossidy & Charan’s (2002) Executionbook, as well as the Crafting & Executing Strategy text (Thompson, et. al. 2015). Additionally, you will be expected to provide a comprehensive analysis in a formal research paper to demonstrate a true leadership and management understanding.
Activity Instructions Write a formal research paper that includes answers and analysis around the following areas:
- Bossidy’s & Charan’s (2002) disciple of execution was specifically in terms of their stated three core processes for every successful business: the people process, the strategy process, and the operation process. How do these processes impact, create, and implement successful strategy?
- Provide real world examples of your place of employment (past or present) that emulate this type of “execution?” Identify positives and negatives in your example. Describe possible challenges that can occur in using these ideas.
- Demonstrate whether the “execution” philosophy for ensuring strategic management principles can really work in organizations. Why or why not? How?
- What is necessary in the way of leadership and management to execute a strategic plan? Identify culture, decision-making processes, team creation, etc. Be creative and think outside the box.
All formal papers for this class require headers in proper APA format. For this assignment, headers should include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Analysis of Execution
- People Process
- Strategy Process
- Operation Process
Additional sections could include the following:
- Company Example(s)
- Leadership & Management Structure
- Strategic Planning. This is where you should be creative and make this final paper your own.
This assignment must use formal writing, third-person point of view only, use proper APA 6th edition format, include scholarly references and research and provide analysis, not simply definition type writing. The main focus needs to be answering the questions with well-reasoned, insightful analysis. Feel free to make comparisons to other organizations.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 9-15 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- Must use third-person point of view
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- References page (minimum of 8 references)
Special Note: Following directions is critical. If you do not include the minimum requirements listed, you could earn a zero on this priority assignment.