Betsy McCall Cloth Doll 16 inch with huge wardrobe (8" bonus doll too!)
Buy and Download >
"BETSY McCall Rag DOLL" VINTAGE SEWING pattern (significantly restored and REVISED, including new pieces!)
Who doesn't remember playing with Betsy McCall paper dolls out of the same named magazine?
I know I couldn't wait for each new issue to see just what Betsy was up to!
(I also was the recipient of the famous 1950's 8" Betsy McCall doll too!)
Well, for all you BETSY FANS, here is the CLOTH DOLL version - 16" tall (and a BONUS: our exclusive 8" doll too! See below!) right out of the late 1950s!! She comes with all of the patterns to make this gorgeous doll and all of her amazing clothes!
NOTE: This pattern is organized so that you can just print out the doll or one of the outfits - I've arranged the pages so that it is easy to navigate and find the pattern pieces you want, as each has a picture of the finished product on it! NO MORE CONFUSING PATTERN UFOs!!
* 16" Cloth Doll (I've added some extra instructions to allow Betsy to sit and bend her arms too - if you'd like!)
* Embroidered Features (I've added more details to the vintage instructions) And you could easily PAINT on the features if you'd like!
* Ingenious way to make Betsy's adorable HAIR-DO from yarn, cotton crochet, shiny embroidery floss, or, most realistic - WOOL ROVING!
You could simply fashion BRAIDS instead (see my pictures for inspiration!)
Here's the list of all of Betsy's 50's era wardrobe: (11 pieces altogether, including my new pieces!)
* CHEMISE (Betsy's signature underwear - all the dolls came (and come) with this iconic one-piece unmentionable.
* A wide PETTICOAT - so all of Betsy's dresses flounce out in the true 1950's style!
* Felt SHOES (you could make them from old leather gloves - or thin craft leather! And in all the colors you'd want!)
* Her COVER-DRESS has a wide skir, topped with a sleeveless bodice and sports a CUMMERBUND to boot!
* This dress is covered in a collared waist-length SAILOR JACKET!
* She has an adorable JUMPER (that can be worn on its own, it is so cute!)
* With a coordinating UNDER-DRESS (ditto on wearing it alone!)
* For very special occasions, Betsy has a flouncy, SASHED & BOWED DRESS with ruffled collar and added ribbon bow at neck.
* Then Betsy has some EVERYDAY DRESSES:
* A YELLOW SLEEVELESS NUMBER with button-trimmed flowers on the bodice and a very wide circle skirt.
BONUS #1 I've added instructions to make ANOTHER DRESS VERSION with added embroidered top-stitching and lazy-daisys adorning the front and hem.
This is meant to get YOUR creative juices flowing and see what YOU can design for Betsy too!
BONUS #2- I designed a pair of PANTS whose pattern can be shortened as capris, bermudas, clamdiggers or shorts!
* CREATIVITY ALERT!! And see what YOU can make for Betsy's growing wardrobe: Maybe use the bodice of one of the dresses for a top and the jacket over it!
You could use the collar from one of the dresses to update the jacket! And a skirt could be fashioned using the Petticoat pattern and just making
it a bit longer (or shorter!!) - it already has a waistband. Maybe add some suspenders!! Oh, and how about a FELT POODLE SKIRT using the circle skirt??
* Your possibilities are ENDLESS
BONUS #3 - All of the patterns to make an 8 INCH DOLL!! With all of her 8" clothing patterns as well! Including the brand new PANTS pattern I designed!
Maybe you'd like to make this for SOME LITTLE SOMEONE you love, or maybe just for YOURSELF to enjoy!
~BUY ANY 2 PATTERNS, GET 3rd your choice FREE ...don t buy your 3rd item, just email me your choice and I will add it for free