The nurse is caring for Mr. Adrian, an 82-year-old man with CHF who has a past
Buy and Download >
- The nurse is caring for Mr. Adrian, an 82-year-old man with CHF who has a past medical history of diabetes and renal insufficiency. He is prescribed digoxin (Lanoxin) 0.125 mg IV and then 0.125 mg PO daily.
- What are the therapeutic effects of cardiac glycosides?
- Is this patient at risk for digoxin toxicity? Explain.
- What are the adverse effects of digoxin?
Discuss the nursing considerations for digoxin administration.
- The nurse is formulating the care plan for a patient on IV heparin therapy. Describe the nursing considerations that should be included for a patient on an anticoagulant.