MA260 Assignment 07 Statistical Analysis I
Buy and Download >
Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be a minimum of one (1) single-spaced page to a maximum of two (2) pages in length; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.
NOTE: Show your work in the problems.
- Sun Times reported that the mean labor cost to repair a color television is $90 with a standard deviation of $22. Monte s TV Sales and Service completed repairs on two sets this morning. The labor cost for the first was $75 and it was $100 for the second. Compute z values for each and comment on your findings.
- What is the area between 415 pounds and the mean?
- What is the area between the mean and 395 pounds?
- What is the probability of selecting a value at random and discovering that it has a value of less than 395 pounds?
- What is the probability that of the last 100 new juvenile delinquents put on probation, 30 or more will commit another crime?
- What is the probability that 40 or fewer of the delinquents will commit another crime?
- What is the probability that between 30 and 40 of the delinquents will commit another crime?
- Challenger was 1 in 35. The Challengerflight was the 25th mission.
- How many disasters would you expect in the first 25 flights?
- Use the normal approximation to estimate the probability of at least one disaster in 25 missions.