AED 201 Week 2 Assignment Interview with Teaching Professional
Buy and Download >
Assignment: Interview with a Teaching Professional
Resources: Ch. 2 in Introduction to Teaching
Schedule a brief (15-minute) interview with a teacher or a teacher's aide. The interview may be in person, by phone, via e-mail, or in an instant message chat.
Include the following questions in your interview:
- What are some examples of typical, quick decisions teachers make on a daily basis?
- What were the five most difficult school-related decisions you made this week? What made them difficult?
- What was the affect of those decisions on the classroom environment? Were the decisions effective?
- Develop two other pertinent questions related to the characteristics of classrooms as discussed in Ch. 2 of the text.
Write a 750- to 1,050-word reflection on the interview that addresses the following:
- Sort each of the five most difficult decisions into the five characteristics of classrooms discussed in Ch. 2, beginning on p.54. Explain how each situation fits into each of the classroom characteristics.
- Describe the complexities the teacher or aide faced when making their decisions.
- Do you agree with the decisions he or she made based on the situations?
- What would you have done if you were in his or her shoes? Depending on the situations, what resources would have helped to ease decision-making?
- What rationale would you base your decisions on?
- Include your reaction to the responses of the two additional questions you asked.
Format your paper according to APA standards.