Read through Case 3-3 (cases can be found in the ebook by going to Table of Contents…
Buy and Download >
Marketing to the Bottom of the Pyramid
Read through Case 3-3 (cases can be found in the ebook by going to Table of Contents > Part Six: Supplementary Material > Cases). eThen, addresses the following:
- Summarize the case in one paragraph.
- Question #1 from the case: Develop a set of guidelines that the company could use to start evaluating the potential of a specific Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP), market segment for one of its products.
- Question #2 from the case: Argue either pro or con on one of the following:
- Is it exploitation for a company to profit from selling soaps, shampoo, personal computers, and ice cream, and so on, to people with little disposable income?
- Can making loans to customers whose income is less than $100 monthly at interest rates of 20 percent to purchase TVs, cell phones, and other consumer durables be justified?
- One authority argues that squeezing profits from people with little disposable income—and often not enough to eat—is not capitalist exploitation but rather that it stimulates economic growth.
- Describe the types of challenges a global marketer might face when using a bottom-of-the-pyramid strategy?
- Must be two double-spaced pages words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use APA style headings to organize paper, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sourcestable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.