All fields that work with data must be able to correctly and effectively describe
Buy and Download >
All fields that work with data must be able to correctly and effectively describe the data. This assignment will give you the opportunity to determine the best way to approach a data set and choose the appropriate measure of center and variation as well as the best graph(s).
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Directions: Choose one of the attached data sets and analyze using the techniques discussed in class up to this point. This includes:
- Finding the appropriate measure of center
- Finding the appropriate measure of variation
- Select the appropriate probability distribution for a variety of data sets and estimating the parameters.
- Calculate the probability that a flight will depart early or on-time.
- Calculate the probability that a flight will arrive late.
- Calculate the probability that a flight departs late or arrives early.
- Find the graph(s) needed to appropriately describe the data