DNP-820 Week 6 Assignment Benchmark - Develop a Literature Review
Buy and Download >
Max Points: 104 Details:
In this assignment, you will draft the body of a literature review. The body of the literature review is its primary segment. It is here that the actual review of the literature takes place. You will construct a draft of the body of a literature review (Chapter 2) for your DPI project. You may be able to expand on the assignment in Topic 4 using the feedback and suggestions from your instructor.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the most recent prospectus template found in the DC Network (dc.gcu.edu) for details and criteria for the literature review (Chapter 2).
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Prepare a developed literature review (Chapter 2) of 2,500-5,000 words for your scholarly project.
- For each major theme in the PICOT question, identify at least three empirical or scholarly articles (25 articles total) related to the theme in the PICOT question.
- Use the Comparison Matrix as a guide to analyze and synthesize the literature into your paper. For each empirical article, state the article title, the author, the research question(s), the research sample, the research methodology, the gaps in the study (what questions does the study raise?), and the research findings of the study. For scholarly, nonempirical articles, state the article title and author, and provide a brief contextual summary of the article.
- Identify at least three subthemes that relate to each theme (six subthemes total).
- Identify at least three empirical or scholarly articles related to each subtheme (18 articles total). At least one article must demonstrate a quantitative methodology.
- Write statements that synthesize the three studies of each subtheme based on the information you stated above. You will write six synthesis statements.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives, and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours, and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement which reminds you, the student, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper: