DNP-820 Week 3 Assignment Critical Appraisal of Practice Guidelines
Buy and Download >
Max Points: 103 Details:
While there are several tools to critically appraise practice guidelines, the most comprehensively validated appraisal tool is the AGREE II Instrument. The Agree II Instrument can be used by individual practitioners to critically appraise health guidelines and by decision makers to inform policy decisions. The purpose of the AGREE II Instrument is to provide a framework to:
- Assess the quality of guidelines.
- Provide a methodological strategy for the development of guidelines.
- Inform what information and how the information ought to be reported in guidelines.
Overall assessment includes rating the overall quality of the guideline and whether the guideline would be recommended for use in practice. Items are rated on a 7-point scale from 1 (Strongly Disagree) to 7 (Strongly Agree). A score of 1 is given when there is no information on that item or if it is poorly reported. A score of 7 is given if the quality of reporting is excellent and when full criteria have been met (Score explanations found in the AGREE II-GRS Instrument). A quality score is calculated for each of the six domains, which are independently scored. Domain scores are calculated by summing up all the scores of the items in the domain and by scaling the total as a percentage of the maximum possible score for that specific domain.
For this assignment, you will choose a guideline and assess the overall quality and whether the guideline would be recommended for use in practice.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of this assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Download the AGREE II instrument.
- While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to use Turnitin for this assignment.
Perform the following tasks to complete this assignment:
- Using the AGREE II instrument as your guide, create a table that discusses a practice guideline in which you might have questioned the recommendations. (Note: You may be able to copy and paste the instrument into a new Word document and complete the information.)
- Each domain must have its own cell (similar to the one shown in the manual) and add domain scores and an overall guideline assessment. Be sure to include comments and additional considerations that influenced your rating decision and cite any sources used.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives, and are intended to be application-based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours, and are indicated in the assignment by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement which reminds you, the student, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper: