DNP 820 Week 4 Literature Review-Draft
Buy and Download >
Empirical research is the foundation to scholarly research and scholarly writing. An empirical article is defined as one that reports actual results of a research study. An empirical article includes a description of the study, an introduction, a research question, an explanation of the study's methodology, a presentation of the results of the study, and a conclusion that discusses the results and suggests topics for further study.
As you search the library for scholarly research, you should limit your search to identify empirical articles. (You can use the "Empirical Research Checklist" from DNP-801 to assist in this determination.) Upon finding an empirical study, you begin to assess the validity of the conclusion by determining if the conclusion answers the proposed research question and if the methodology is appropriate.
As you move forward in your doctoral journey, you will read research papers that will require you to assess the validity of the studies in question. To accomplish this, qualitative assessments about the research must be made by comparing, contrasting, and synthesizing what the research says.
In this assignment, you will continue to develop the skill of writing your DNP Project's Chapter 2 Literature Review, begun in your Topic 7 assignment in DNP-815, by comparing three research studies associated with your chosen topic. You may be able to expand on your work in this assignment when you begin your project paper.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of this assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Access and use the "Empirical Research Checklist" you completed in DNP-801 as a resource to deconstruct your articles.
- Access the "Expanded Comparison Matrix" resource from DNP-801. Visit the websites in the resource and become familiar with any new terms.
- Use the "Expanded Comparison Matrix" you completed in DNP-801 as a resource to complete the paper.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Perform the following tasks to complete this assignment:
Complete the "Expanded Comparison Matrix." (You will not turn this in.)
Using the information from the completed "Expanded Comparison Matrix," write a 750-1,000 word paper comparing the three studies. The paper should include the following sections:
- A comparison of the research questions posed for the studies
- A comparison of the sample populations used
- A comparison of the limitations of the study
- A conclusion and recommendations for further research