DNP-805 Week 3 Assignment Using CPOE and CDSS
Buy and Download >
Max Points: 100 Details:
For this assignment, select one clinical practice issue that involves a specific medication. Using a Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) system, design a Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) that would be embedded in the EHR at your site of practice. Your CDSS must connect with CPOE to include a medication. You must link these two applications within the design.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a 1,000-1,250 word paper that provides the following:
- Specific details of the clinical issue involving a specific medication
- The rationale behind your design development.
- A description of how this CDSS will be implemented and adopted by fellow clinicians.
- An explanation detailing how patient outcomes will be measured.
- An assessment of challenges and proposed solutions which might apply to this scenario (e.g., information loss, communication breakdown).
Portfolio Practice Hours:
It may be possible to earn portfolio practice hours for this case report. Enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-805
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.