HLT 205 Week 4 Assignment Managed Care NEW
Buy and Download >
The most powerful force shaping the U.S. health care delivery system is managed care. As a health care professional, it is vital that you understand the managed care system, as it impacts all stakeholders. The purpose of this assignment will be for you to demonstrate your knowledge of managed care through a PowerPoint presentation that explains the following:
- An explanation of what a managed care organization (MCO) is and how MCOs Evolved.
- The identification of the accrediting bodies for MCOs and an explanation of the types of care they oversee.
- A description of managed care plans, such as HMOs and PPOs.
- An explanation of the impact of MCOs on cost, access, and quality.
- An explanation of what an accountable care organization is and its relationship to MCOs.
The PowerPoint presentation will be comprised of 10-12 slides with detailed speaker notes containing in-text citations.
Three references (minimum) in addition to your text book are required for this assignment.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using GCU documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.