CIS 462 Week 2 Case Study 1 - Acceptable Use Policy
Buy and Download >
Case Study 1-Acceptable Use Policy
An Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is a very important policy within organizations to define acceptable employee behavior when accessing company resources. Additionally, there are also legal implications within AUPs. Use an existing AUP that you are familiar with, such as from a current or previous workplace, or search on the Internet for an example AUP to complete this case study.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose of an Acceptable Use Policy you have selected and explain how the AUP helps provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability within the organization.
- Critique the AUP you selected and provide recommendations for improving the AUP.
- Explain methods that organizations can implement to help ensure compliance with the AUP, mitigate their risk exposure, and minimize liability. Describe how your selected AUP accomplishes these goals.
- Describe methods for increasing the awareness of the AUP, and other policies, within the organization.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.