BUS 402 Week 4 Assignment 1 - To Build or Buy
Buy and Download >
Assignment 1: To Build or Buy
Select a small business that you visit often (e.g., coffee shop, bookstore, sporting goods store, etc.). Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
- Craft a brief (1-2 pages) strategy for a business concept that would directly compete with the small business you selected. Explain the rationale for the strategy in detail.
- Determine if it would make more sense to open the new business you describe or to purchase the existing business you selected. Explain your reasoning.
- Discuss the most appropriate form of ownership for your new business (assuming your current financial situation).
- Outline a business plan for your business. Visit http://www.sba.gov for tools and templates.
- Include at least two (2) references outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the nature of entrepreneurship, business ethics, and social responsibility in managing a successful small business.
- Analyze a business strategy and supporting business plan for a small business concept
- Describe and analyze the necessary activities and key decisions to start a small business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in small business management.
- Write clearly and concisely about small business management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
Click here to view the grading rubric.