ACC 574 Assignment 5 - Comprehensive Audit Plan
Buy and Download >
For the hot topic in emerging issues identified in Assignment 4, identify a company in that industry and respond to the following questions. Consider the concepts covered in the course material and in anticipation of issuing a qualified audit report. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Make recommendations on the requirements for the feasibility study and discuss the pros and cons for the design of SDLC with a recommendation for an optimal time frame for each stage.
- Make recommendations for the optimal computer operating system to address the emerging issue.
- Discuss the internal control considerations, and identify issues and risk mitigation strategies.
- Recommend an optimal revenue and expense cycle to capture transactions, including documentation requirements.
- Determine what future issues could impact the design of the SDLC and discuss the design features in your proposed SDLC that could be modified to address those issues.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other regulatory requirements on the ability of public accounting firms and professionals’ ability to provide advisory services.
- Evaluate the conceptual framework model that links general controls, application controls, and financial data integrity, and the sufficiency related to establish internal controls.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in emerging auditing technologies.
- Write clearly and concisely about emerging auditing technologies using proper writing mechanics.