CIS 336 WK 4 Assignment 2 - Telecommuting and the Mobile Worker
Buy and Download >
Strayer CIS 336 Enterprise Architecture, Assignment 2, Telecommuting and the Mobile Worker, Graded A, 5 pages, 903 words.
The number of American telecommuters is expected to increase by 29 million telecommuters or 43% of the workforce by 2016 as more work gets performed from remote locations. Mobile workers can work from wherever they are and use the IT / IS technology necessary to access co-workers, company or corporate infrastructure, intranets, and other information sources.
- Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the impact of telecommuting on energy conservation, IT operational costs, “green computing”, and shifts in telecommuters’ lifestyles (e.g., parents, disability, etc.).
- Describe how the business infrastructure should be designed so that employees will be able to continue to perform business functions in the event of a disaster (i.e., storm, hurricane, or earthquake) that destroys or makes it impossible to access the buildings.
- Determine four (4) advantages and four (4) disadvantages of telecommuting from an IT manager’s point of view. Elaborate on each advantage and disadvantage.
- Examine the effect of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to the IT infrastructure with regard to security, IT support, knowledge, and data management, green computing, and telecommuting.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.