LDR 800 Week 5 Code of Ethics Design Paper
Buy and Download >
Details, A code of ethics are an important tool for organizations…
A code of ethics is an important tool for organizations. It describes the organization's ethical stance to its members and to the external environment. It can protect the organization from lawsuits, encourage resistance to unethical group and organizational pressures, and encourage ethical behavior. This assignment requires you to design a research-based code of ethics for an organization and to report it in a paper.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment requires support from current, scholarly resources.
- This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- Consider the readings for modules 3-5, and review the section on Codes of Ethics in chapter 9 of the textbook.
- The instructor will return this assignment to you with comments by the end of Module 6. Use these comments, as appropriate, to revise your code of ethics and guide your completion of the Module 6 assignment, "Code of Ethics Implementation Plan Paper."
Use the information from your reading and research to design a research-based code of ethics that can be generalized to a variety of organizations. Present your research-based code of ethics in a paper of 1,000-1,250 words. Include the following in your paper:
- General overview of organizational ethics policies
- Rationale for the design of your code of ethics
- The written code of ethics
- Discussion of how the code you designed relates to your personal ethical beliefs; compare and contrast your code with the codes of ethics of at least two organizations