Details-Mintzberg's Organizational Types
Buy and Download >
Mintzberg's Organizational Types:
When Jack and Jill launched their Internet-based data storage and backup service, they began with a basic entrepreneurial structure. Now, the company is growing, and Jack and Jill need to make some decisions regarding the structure of the company. The external environment in this industry is complex and changing. This assignment will allow you to interact with Mintzberg’s model of organizational types to critique organizational structures and propose a research-based structure for Jack and Jill. You will also explore the dynamics of designing an organizational structure.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- View and interact with the model of Mintzberg’s Five Organizational Types.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, address the following questions:
- Which of Mintzberg’s organizational types should Jack and Jill target as the next organizational structure of their company? Support your choice with current scholarly research in addition to Mintzberg.
- What does contemporary scholarly research indicate are the conditions that must be in place for a structural change to be appropriate?
- According to contemporary scholarly research, how should Jack and Jill design and implement the appropriate transition plan from the entrepreneurial structure to their chosen next structure as the company grows?