Ethical Issues in Data Mining Practices
Buy and Download >
To prepare for this assessment, read the "Data Mining: Consumer Privacy, Ethical Policy, and Systems Development Practices" article, linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading. You will analyze the ethical implications and strategies presented in this article, in real-world practice.
Complete the following:
- Locate a journal article from the Capella Library (or another scholarly source) about a case in which a data mining project was halted due to ethical issues.
- Describe the threat the data mining effort was posing and to whom.
- Assess the ethical implications of the data mining project and discuss the role of each of the following in the project cancellation:
- Governmental regulation.
- Refer to the ten data-mining system development practices outlined in the "Data Mining: Consumer Privacy, Ethical Policy, and Systems Development Practices" article (starting on page 163). Evaluate which of these practices, if they had been carried out competently, could have helped avoid the situation in the project.
- Present the results of your analyses in a concise and compelling manner, using effective communication and appropriate business terms. Include an APA reference citation for each resource from which you draw information.