MBA-FP6131 Logistic Regression
Buy and Download >
The focus of this assessment is to allow you to demonstrate proficiency in setting up, running, and interpreting logistic regression and communicating your results to stakeholders.
Consider the following scenario:
To provide guidelines and advice to management, Kanta Manta has engaged you to analyze data on several indicators of job performance. They are interested in identifying variables that may be useful to predict a person's job performance, categorized as acceptable and unacceptable. The predictor variables (independent variables) are age, sex, marital status, years of education, years of work experience, monthly income, hours worked, and job environment. The dependent variable, DV, is job performance. The outcome of interest is "unacceptable job performance."
The Employment Data Excel file and Code Book for Employment Data document, both linked in the Resources under the Capella Resources heading, provide data on several variables of over 500 employees. Use these documents to complete this assessment.
Follow the steps below to conduct the analysis to predict employee job performance:
- Develop a research question for the problem
- Perform logistic regression analysis to predict significant indicators for unacceptable job performance.
- Determine whether the model fits the data. Explain.
- Determine which variables are significant predictors of unacceptable job performance. Explain
- Write the odds ratio with 95 percent confidence intervals for the significant predictors.
Use a separate Microsoft Word document to capture your results and show your work. Paste your data from any Excel files or other sources into this document, and clearly demonstrate how you arrived at your conclusions.
After completing your analysis, write a management report in which you discuss your results and provide recommendations. Use the Management Report Template, linked in the Resources under the Capella Resources heading, as a guideline for structuring your management report.
Submit both the document showing your work and your report document for this assessment.
Use the following program standards for all assessment submissions in this course:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your writing should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.