Capella BUS-FP4124 Assessment Assignment 3- 450 word
Buy and Download >
When GlaxoSmithKline launched Requip for restless legs syndrome (RLS), few consumers had heard of RLS, and some physicians were skeptical that a problem even existed (Whalen, 2006, para 1). Despite these problems, the drug is now very successful.
Should the marketing of a health care product that is not immediately recognized as responding to a health care need have more government oversight and control or be left to allow market forces to decide its value?
Write a 1–3-page assessment that includes the following:
- Explain the negative impact a drug can have on consumers in its early stages of launch into the marketplace.
- Evaluate marketing strategies of a health care product.
- Explain competitive analytical strategies utilized in the marketing of a pharmaceutical product.
- Explain how government oversight and control can impact the marketing of a pharmaceutical product.
- Include a title page and a references page.
- Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.
- Include a minimum of three research resources.
- Follow APA guidelines for style and formatting.
- Ensure your finished assessment is 1–3 pages in length, excluding the title page and references page.
Whalen, J. (2006, October 26). How Glaxo marketed a malady to sell a drug; TV-ad blitz, physician onslaught are unleashed to inform about the little-known disorder. The Wall Street Journal (Eastern edition), B.2. Retrieved from http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB116174246339602800