HLT-313v Week 5 Assignment - Benchmark Assignment - Performance Management Plan Proposal
Buy and Download >
Performance management is, ideally, an ongoing quality-assurance-based process to provide an organization, its employees, regulatory agencies, accreditors, and other stakeholders with a structured means to support and accomplish mutually identified strategic goals and objectives.
Assume the role of a newly-hired risk management officer for a hypothetical new allied health organization in your chosen career field. You and your team will need to develop the organization's policies.
The first item you will create will be a performance management plan. Using the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
(http://www.hrsa.gov/quality/toolbox/methodology/performancemanagement/index.html) or other qualified framework, craft a proposal
(1,250-1,500 words) for a performance management plan for your new organization that includes the following:
- Provide a statement of your organization's goals in terms of workplace safety, risk management, or quality improvement. Pick one area, and develop five goals for that one area.
- Outline and provide a brief evaluation of specific objectives that support the organizational goals you previously identified.
- Summarize the steps and measures your new organization will adopt to measure performance. Consider: (a) How well measures will align with your stated goals? (b) How do these measures demonstrate a relationship to positive health outcomes? (c) Are the measures you select able to be controlled by your organization (i.e., can your organization effect change in this area?)? (d) Which measures meet criteria related to reliability and validity, and which are standardized?
- Determine a performance baseline for the measures you have selected. This will enable your organization to conduct comparisons of desired goals versus actual results as time moves on.
- Select one of three commonly accepted methods to measure provider quality and summarize the features and why it applies best to your organization. Refer to the assigned reading, "The Measurement of Health Care Performance: A Primer From the Council of Medical Specialty Societies," by the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CPSS)
- Define what success means to the organization. Now that you have chosen measures to assess organizational performance, you need to identify what success means to your organization; otherwise, you are chasing a moving target. Be explicit in thelevel of performance you see as acceptable. This will change as an organization grows, but you need to start somewhere in order to get anywhere.
You are required to use and cite a minimum of three qualified resources from the readings, qualified websites, or the GCU Library in order to complete this assignment successfully.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.