ENG 106 - Proposal Argument Essay Assignment
Buy and Download >
Assignment adapted from Chapter 7 of the textbook.
A Policy Proposal as a Guest Editorial
Write a 1,500-1,750-word policy proposal related to the sale, trade, or donation of human organs using five to seven academic resources. The policy proposal should be suitable for publication as an editorial in a college or city newspaper or in a publication associated with a particular group, such as a church newsletter or employee bulletin. The voice and style of your argument should be aimed at readers of your chosen publication. Remember to not use first person pronouns (I, me, us, we, our, my, mine) or second person pronouns (you, your, yours) in this guest editorial writing, unless given permission by your instructor.
Your editorial should have the following features:
- Identify the problem related to the sale, trade, or donation of human organs.
- Persuade the audience that you have selected that this is a problem that needs solving; give it presence.
- Propose action offering specific details to show how the actions will help alleviate the problem.
- Justify your solution; the reasons why your audience should accept your proposal and act on it.
This essay is NOT simply a persuasive essay on organ sale, trade, or donation. It is an argumentative proposal that offers a practical and justifiable solution to a problem related to organ donation.
First Draft Grading
- You will receive completion points for the first draft based upon the successful submission of a complete draft.
- Because your first draft is a completion grade, do not assume that this grade reflects or predicts the final grade. If you do not consider your instructor’s comments, you may be deducted points on your final draft.
Final Draft Grading
The essay will be graded using a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations.
- Include in-text citations and a references page in GCU Style for FIVE to SEVEN scholarly sources outside of class texts.
- These sources should be used to support any claims you make and should be present in the text of the essay.
- Use the GCU Library to help you find sources.
- Include this research in the paper in a scholarly manner.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
- Please be sure your Turnitin score is at an acceptable level before submitting the draft to your instructor.
Submit this assignment to your instructor AND post this draft as an attachment in the Module 6 Peer Review Forum: Proposal by Day 3 of Week 6.