CIS 515 Week 7 Assignment 6-SQL Concepts and Database Design
Buy and Download >
Physical Design and Implementation
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
This assignment requires the use of a relational database management system.
Strayer University provides each student with a login id to a University maintained Oracle Database Server for you to implement your tables and queries in this course. As an alternative to using that, you may download any relational database management system of your choosing to your personal desktop and physically implement your database locally on your PC. Your logical database designs are rolling along great, and your boss has even hinted that you may be promoted to senior systems analyst! Now, you are ready to have rubber meet the road and actually physically design and implement your database! However, that annoying executive that has been trying to stump your rise to glory along the way is questioning how secure the database can be, since “everybody” can access it. Write a 2-3 page paper in which you:
- Explain the security mechanisms available for a database and how the data will be protected.
- Explain how to defeat SQL injection attacks since the database will be publicly accessible.
- Outline the physical design of your database.
- List the SQL commands you will use to create your database tables. Note: Be sure that each table has at least ten records that you create so you will be able to produce reports later on.
- Implement the tables in Oracle’s 11g relational database management system (see software requirement above) and verify its evidence through the implementation of screen shots in the written paper. Note: Remember, this is the physical implementation of your logical design from prior assignments so your grade will reflect the degree that you are able to accurately realize your blueprints from the logical designs you developed previously. This will form the basis of your grade. In addition to submitting your SQL code for this requirement, you must submit screen shots of your tables.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.