HSA 300 Week 4 Assignment 1 - The Primary Care Clinic
Buy and Download >
- Assignment 1: The Primary Care Clinic Due Week 4 and worth 150 points A small primary care clinic has 69 employees, representing 9 different clinical professions and 12 other skills. It operates two (2) sites, one (1) of which is bigger and has the departments for medical specialists, diagnostic labs, and patient services. The clinic also contracts for a variety of services, such as repair and maintenance, referral specialists, and advanced diagnostic services. You are the manager. You report to the owners who are four (4) of the family practitioners and their wives. Two of the wives still work at the clinic as registered nurses. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the key political, economic, and social forces that may have influenced the development of the clinic.
- Create a comprehensive mission statement and explain what makes it a comprehensive mission statement.
- Identify three (3) performance measures you would use to measure the clinic’s effectiveness and provide the rationale for each performance measure.
- Describe how you would approach decisions regarding clinic expansion and annual plan approval.
- Describe the role of the clinic as a component of the healthcare delivery system in your community.
- Examine how public healthcare policy has influenced the formation of outpatient clinics in the healthcare system.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the political, economic, and social forces that have influenced the organizational foundations of the United States healthcare system
- Explain how public policy has shaped the development of the U.S. healthcare system.
- Analyze the critical management issues, purpose, functions, and performance measures of different departments within healthcare organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services organization management.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services organization management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric. Click here to view the grading rubric.