ACC 571 Week 7 Assignment 3 Fraud Schemes and Fraud Investigations
Buy and Download >
Fraud Schemes and Fraud Investigations. Using the Internet or Strayer databases, identify and research a company with an employee(s) who was involved in corporate fraud. Coordinate an investigation, identify various types of surveillance and covert operations, identify red flags, and recommend a fraud prevention plan. Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Based on your research, assume that you are fraud investigator assigned to coordinate an investigation of the fraudster. Determine how you would implement this investigation without the fraudster’s knowledge. Provide support for your rationale.
- Assuming you are the fraud investigator on this case, assess what types of surveillance and / or covert operations you would use to collect evidence related to the fraud. Analyze technological options for investigating fraud, indicating what you believe to be the most effective option. Provide support for your rationale.
- During the investigation, assess the most significant red flags which would have been an indication of possible fraud needing corrective action by management.
- Based on your research, suggest key practices the fraud investigator could have used in conducting interviews with the fraudster and the company’s employees. Assess the various interviews and interrogation questions available to you, and select the type of interview and interrogation questions that would have been most appropriate for this investigation. Provide support for your rationale.
- Recommend a fraud prevention plan for this organization. Determine the positive or negative consequences that this fraud prevention plan might have on employees’ morale and the public perception of the organization. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the basic concepts related to fraud investigations, red flags that are an indication of fraud, and fraud prevention plans.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in forensic accounting.
- Write clearly and concisely about forensic accounting issues using proper writing mechanics.