ENG 315 1 Week 10 Assignment 4: Job Application Cover Letter
Buy and Download >
Completing this assignment will help you name and identify the skills and abilities that will move your career forward. Develop a Job Application Cover Letter that highlights and emphasizes why you are the person most suitable for your ideal role. Use the general writing guidelines on pp. 277-278 in the text for structural and content guidance. Note: An example can be found on p. 250, Figure 13.8.
The message should take the form of a business letter; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The job letter / application message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Highlight relevant background and job history information.
- Emphasize significant qualifications and exclude nonessential ideas.
- Follow proper letter formatting techniques, per business letter format.
- Use an appropriate and professional greeting and closing.
- Use professional language.
- Use sufficient variety in sentences.
- Paragraphs effectively developed and efficient. Note: Six (6) or seven (7) lines when possible.
- Ensure there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Eliminate wordiness and unclear sentence construction.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive / sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.