MGT 401 Week 3 Assignment Respiratory Protection Selection
Buy and Download >
Respiratory Protection Selection.
Respiratory protection devices are available in two basic design types: Air-Purifying Respirators (APR) and Supplied-Air Respirators (SAR). As a trained hazardous materials specialist, your employer asks you to evaluate each of the following four possible workplace conditions:
1. Fiberglass components are being sanded smooth prior to painting by assembly line workers.
2. A leak in a nitrogen supply line within a service closet requires repair but the supply of nitrogen cannot be interrupted.
3. Hydrochloric acid vapor is escaping from a cylinder stored in an outdoor area. Oxygen levels are measured and found to be above 19.5%.
4. A full 55-gallon drum of an organic solvent commonly used in the production process is releasing vapor.
For each of the above four conditions:
• Select the preferred type of respiratory protection device.
• Identify which standardized OSHA filter color the device should be fitted with (if not applicable, so state).
• Explain your rationale for choosing the device type.
Writing the Paper
1. Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following: a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least four scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.