ANT 101 Week Three Assignment Worksheet
Buy and Download >
1) Select one aspect of culture from the list. Once you've made your selection, please delete all other options.
Rites of passage
2) Select a source to use for Part I of the paper. You will be using your textbook and the article by Miner for this part of the paper, but for this worksheet, include the source you found through your own research. Review the tutorial on Evaluating sources and enter your reference in the space below.
Reference entry in APA format:
Artz, S., Scott, D. G., & Anglin, J. P. (1998). Rites of passage: A conversation on becoming adult. Child & Youth Care Forum, 27(5), 355-377. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02589261
3) Include the reference for Part II that corresponds to the topic you’ve chosen. Copy and paste the reference entry from the table (e.g., if you chose Education, you would use the article by Jonsson for Part II).
Tsuji, Y. (2011). Rites of passage to death and afterlife in Japan. Generations Journal of the American Society on Aging, 35(3), 28-33. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
4) Summarize the main points from each of your sources. See this guide for help with summarizing your sources.
Summary of your source for Part I (include one to two paragraphs, totaling at least 300 words). Enter your summary in the space below.
Summary of your source for Part II (include one to two paragraphs, totaling at least 300 words). Enter your summary in the space below.
5) Write a working thesis statement based on your sources. See this example. The thesis statement should cover:
- your topic (rites of passage)
- an overview of how you will address this topic in your own culture from an etic (outsider’s) perspective
- an overview of how you will address this topic in your own culture from an emic (insider’s) perspective
Working Thesis Statement: