English Composition/ Essay Written
Buy and Download >
Write a750-1,000-word reviewof a website about ADHD/ADD. The review will evaluate the website using a set of explicit criteria. Consider your audience to be the general public.
Your review should include at leastTWO scholarly sources outside of class texts.
This essay is NOT a review of a specific article on the Internet. It is alsoNOT a review of the CDC site from the rhetorical analysis assignment. Instead, you will choose a different site such as www.chadd.org, http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/index.shtml, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/adhd/DS00275, or http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/default.htm.
- Develop a set of criteria that the general public would see as acceptable for a website about diseases and disorders (like ADHD). To help you select criteria, please visit http://olinuris.library.cornell.edu/ref/research/webcrit.html where you will find a list of criteria commonly used to evaluate websites. Also, review the Discussion Questions for the week concerning the development of criteria for reviewing websites.
- Describe the website you have chosen.
- Focus the majority of the essay on explaining how the site does (or does not) meet the criteria you established above.
ReviewChapter 11 “Reviews”inThe Call to Write, which includes sample reviews and advice on writing reviews.
First Draft Grading
- You will receive completion points for the first draft based upon the successful submission of your draft.
- Because your first draft is a completion grade, do not assume that this grade reflects or predicts the final grade. If you do not consider your instructor’s comments, you may be deducted points on your final draft.
Final Draft Grading
The essay will be graded using a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations.
- Include in-text citations and a References page in GCU Style for at least TWO scholarly sourcesoutside of class texts.
- These sources should be used to support any claims you make.
- Use the GCU Library to help you find sources.
- Include this research in the paper in a scholarly manner.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
- Please be sure to review your Turnitin score before submitting the draft to your instructor.
- Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.