HLT 314V Week 2 Assignment Health Policy Formulation and Analysis
Buy and Download >
Choose a topic on which to develop a policy. This topic may address a needed change in technology, health care literacy, staffing, billing, diagnosis, etc. Using the services found in chapters 6-9 of Allied Health: Practical Issues and Trends in the New Millennium, construct a policy using the seven steps of policy formation. Address the following:
- Define the problem.
- Assemble the evidence of the problem or need for a policy.
- Construct alternative solutions to the problem.
- Select the criteria for choosing the correct solution from the alternatives.
- Predict the outcomes of the policy changes.
- Confront the trade-offs of not having a policy or addressing the problem.
- Decide on a recommendation.
Using the resources found in your textbook, topic readings, and other appropriate resources, explain your health policy’s intended use and evaluate the effect that your policy may have on direct patient care in the United States.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.