UNV 108 Week 1 Topic 1 Assignment Navigating LoudCloud and Time Management
Buy and Download >
Purpose of Assignment: To become familiar with the GCU Learning Management System (LMS) Loud Cloud and the GCU website, and to also help you develop time management, an important skill for college and everyday life.
This assignment will be in two parts. In the first part of this assignment, you will be exploring and navigating around the Loud Cloud LMS so that you are more confident in locating items in the online class as well as resources that are available to you as a GCU student. Also in Part 1, you will navigate the GCU website so you become more familiar with it and can locate information you may need in the future.
In Part 2, you will be tracking and recording your time spent for 3 days to see where and how you manage your time. You will then reflect on your findings and plan strategies to help you maximize your time and help you become a better manager of your life.
Format: Solid academic writing is expected for both Parts 1 and 2.
Grading Criteria: Part 1 will be graded with an instructor answer key; Part 2 will be reviewed based on your data given and presentation of your reflection.
Assignment Due Date: End of Week/Topic 1
Part 1: Navigating the Loud Cloud LMS and GCU Website
Directions: Please locate the correct response(s) to each of the questions below, and then provide your answer found, in one to two sentences, or short answer format. (The spacing can be manipulated if you require more room for your responses. Please DO NOT forget to SAVE once you begin to answer the questions, so you do not lose any information.)
The following questions are directed towards the Loud Cloud LMS:
- After logging into the Loud Cloud classroom, list the main tabs you see across the top of the “home” page of Loud Cloud. Include the number to tech support, link is located at the bottom of the home page (hint: it is in blue).
- From the Course Home page in Loud Cloud, click on the TASKS tab and then click on FORUM. Explain the purpose of the Main Forum, Individual Forum, and Questions to Instructor Forum.
- Under the RESOURCES tab in Loud Cloud, click on the Student Success Center. List the three main tabs you find at the top of the Student Success Center.
- Under the RESOURCES tab in Loud Cloud, inside the Student Success Center, click on TOOLS and then click on Style Guides and Templates. What writing style is required for 100- and 200-level courses at GCU?
- Under the Resources tab in Loud Cloud, inside the Student Success Center, click on the Tools tab at the top of the page select Tutorials. List 3 tutorials that will help you most as you begin this course.
- From the Course Home page in Loud Cloud, explain the steps to find your GRADEBOOK.
- Click on the RESOURCES tab in the Loud Cloud classroom. Describe the following resources:
- Course Material
- Classroom Policies
- Student Success Center
- Tutoring Services
- Click on the RESOURCES tab in the Loud Cloud classroom and select COURSE MATERIALS. List the first two resources you find on the page under the Course Contents heading.
- Go to http://library.gcu.edu. Under Help, click on the Frequently Asked Questions (on the left)link. Describe how to get help from the librarian.
- Stay in the CONNECT tab, select and click on Roster. Review your instructor’s profile, provide his/her contact information, including office hours.
The following questions are directed towards the GCU Website at: http://students.gcu.edu
- On the Home Page, locate and click Student Affairs, then locate and click Spiritual Life. Describe which sections of this page interest you. Why?
On the Home page, locate and click Campus Resources. Locate and click Learning Resources then locate and click Learning Lounge. What can you expect during your tutoring session with a learning advocate (LEAD)?
The following questions are directed towards the GCU Website at: http://gcu.edu