RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 for Raspberry Pi 3 - Build 170805 - with Google Play Store, Kodi 17.3, Aptoide TV and Google Chrome
Buy and Download >
NEWS 171215/170805 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with Google Play Store working
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2, which has GAPPS installed and Google Play Store working. This version of RaspAnd can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager. The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions and the screen flickering is (almost) gone.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170805 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3. I have included the following apps.
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.3 (latest version which "allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet". YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.4.0 (working very very well)
4) Google Play Games 5.2.25 (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
5) Clash of Clans is not included, but you can install it through Aptoide TV
6) Gmail 7.4.23
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.3 (for installing new apps which can't be found on Google Play Store - many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 18.104.22.168.4 working very well
10) Google Chrome 59.0.3071 (latest version - working very well)
ABOUT Android 7.1.2
Version 7.1.2 is the latest Android system by now. Released on April 8, 2017. The system is used in very few mobile phones (as far as I know).
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse.
Read more about Raspberry Pi…
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 4 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 5 – YouTube running with perfect video quality
Screenshot 6 – Aptoide TV running (installing Google Drive)
KNOWN ISSUES re. Build 170805
1. The screen can flicker sometimes on certain monitors. Fix: Click on the screen or wait a moment. That can happen the first time you start up RaspAnd and after every reboot.
2. For Google Play Store to run you'll first have to start the Gmail app and set up your Gmail account. Then reboot. After that you can start Google Play Store and install new apps. Aptoide TV can also be used to install many new apps. NOTE: Google Play Services also works very well (so you can install new GAPPS).
3. Not all apps will run in RaspAnd Nougat. You can for example run the popular (?) Clash of Clans very well (can be installed with Aptoide TV), but not Angry Birds. Many many apps will run without problems though.
4. You may have to reconnect to your Wifi Network after every reboot of RaspAnd. Sort of a “bug”.
PLEASE NOTE that you shall not buy RaspAnd 7.1.2 if you expect that everything shall work flawlessly. I.e. you must be aware of the fact that the Raspberry Pi 3 computer has its limitations and that Android 7.1.2 is a very advanced Linux system. Having said that I must also say that the apps I have included in this Build (see above) work very well most of the time. Most important change: Google Play Store works very well. So does YouTube! (Almost perfect video quality).
NOTE: Build 171215 is (almost) perfect in every aspect.