PSY-520 Module 2 Exercises - Review the videos "Measure of Center, mean, median and mode" and the "Variation…
Buy and Download >
PSY-520 Module 2 Exercises
Graduate Statistics - Graphical Displays, Measures of Central Tendency, and Variability
Review the videos "Measure of Center, mean, median and mode" and the "Variation" videos, including:Range and Standard deviation, Coefficient of Variance and Variance in the Calculations section of the "Statistics Visual Learner" media piece.
Complete the following exercises from "Questions and Problems" located at the end of each chapter and put them into a Word document to be submitted as directed by the instructor.
1. Chapter Three # 2, 3, 5, 10, 15
2. Chapter Four # 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 15, 16, 17, 22, 35, 37
Chapter 3 Questions
2. How do bar graphs, histograms, and frequency polygons differ in construction? What type of scaling is appropriate for each?
3. The following table gives the 2002 median annual salaries of various categories of scientists in the United States holding PhDs. Construct a bar graph for these data with “Annual Salary” on the Y axis and “Category of Scientist” on the X axis. Arrange the categories so that the salaries decrease from left to right.............
Chapter 4 Questions
2. State four properties of the mean and illustrate each with an example
3. Under what condition might you prefer to use the median rather than the mean as the best measure of central tendency? Explain why.
4. Why is the mode not used very much as a measure of central tendency?
6. Discuss the relationship between the mean and median for distributions that are symmetrical and skewed.
11. Give three properties of the standard deviation..........