LDR-612 Topic 4 Self-Reflection Log
Buy and Download >
LDR-612 Topic 4 Self-Reflection Log
Coaching, Mentoring, and Leadership Development- Developing Coaching or Mentoring - Part 2
Complete the Self-Reflection Log for Topic 4. Submit the logs for Topics 1-4 to your instructor for a grade. Use your experiences during this course drive your responses.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
During your coaching and mentoring experience, you are required to complete a self-reflection log of your experiences and obstacles. This log will be a helpful component to evaluating and modifying the overall coaching/mentoring experience. Please respond to each response with a minimum of 100 words.
1. Describe how you will use your personal qualities to contribute to your coaching or mentoring abilities.
2. How do these qualities serve as a value to your mentee?
3. How do you establish trust with your family? With your friends? With your coworkers? Is this an important factor to establish in the mentor/mentee relationship?
1. What personal qualities do you prefer in those individuals you seek to coach or mentor? Are there different qualities more suitable for coaching than mentoring or the vice-versa?
2. How difficult is it to select a person to coach or mentor who possesses the qualities for which you are looking? What could you do in your workplace to identify potential mentee opportunities?
3. How do you decipher goals that are short-term verses long-term? As you are working with your mentee, how do you guide the mentee through developing short-term and long-term goals that would meet the mentee's vision?
1. Reflect on two coaching techniques selected to support the short-term and long-term goals of your mentee. Why were these techniques selected and how can they help your mentee achieve success?
2. Reflect on two mentoring techniques selected to support the short-term and long-term goals of your mentee. Why were these techniques selected and how can they help your mentee achieve success?
3. How did you decide which technique(s) to use with your mentee? How do these techniques account for both your and your mentee's values and beliefs? What ethical considerations did you have to account for in developing your Individual Development Plan?
1. How important is the Individual Development Plan in meeting the goals of your mentee?
2. List a minimum of three activities you could present to your mentee. Reflect on your decision to use these activities to meet the vision for your mentoring experience.
3. How could you incorporate leadership skills into your mentoring experience that demonstrate kindness, compassion, and the good of the organization and the community?
4. How do you distinguish between coaching activities and mentoring activities? Label your activities as either coaching or mentoring opportunities.
1. How can coaching activities benefit the culture in your work environment? Is it beneficial to develop activities individually or as a group activity? How can you leverage on an individual's knowledge, strength, and skills to create a positive outcome for the individual and work environment?
2. Describe the follow-up schedule you will use with your mentee. Does it support the activities listed in the Individual Development Plan? Does it require modifications or adjustments? Explain.
3. Are there ethical considerations (e.g., culture, religion, personal beliefs, etc.) that must be considered when preparing activities for an Individual Development Plan? Discuss potential considerations and how to ensure you have developed an experience that meets the needs of your particular mentee.
1. Discuss possible strategies to hold your mentees accountable for the activities and to reach both short-term and long-term goals. How can these strategies support the growth process?
2. Reflect on the evaluation and observation process of the mentoring experience. Discuss the importance of evaluating your mentees prior to setting goals. What advantages and disadvantages come with the evaluation and observation process?
1. As a mentor, how do you feel about the progress your mentee made toward the achievement of the goals?
2. How does your mentee feel about the progress made toward the achievement of the goals?
1. In a brief reflection (250-500 words), discuss the feedback you received on your Mentor Evaluation. Reflect on the development of your Individual Development Plan, its success, and the results for your mentee. Was this process rewarding? What were your strengths and weaknesses as a mentor? If you had it to do over again, what specific elements would you change? If you would not change anything, explain why?