RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 for Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 Build 170616 with GAPPS, Kodi 17.3, Aptoide TV, Firefox and Clash of Clans
Buy and Download >
NEWS 170616 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2, which has GAPPS installed and can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager. Most important change: YouTube works very well! The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170616 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps.
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services, but not Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.3 (latest version which "allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet". YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.2.0 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.2 (which you may or may not need)
5) Google Play Games 3.9.08 (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
6) Clash of Clans 9.24.9 (working very well!)
7) Gmail 7.4.23
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps - many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
10) Firefox 54.0 (latest version - working very well)
ABOUT Android 7.1.2
Version 7.1.2 is the latest Android system by now. Released on April 8, 2017. The system is used in very few mobile phones (as far as I know).
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse.
Read more about Raspberry Pi…
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Kodi running
Screenshot 4 – ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 5 – Spotify running
Screenshot 6 – Firefox running
Screenshot 7 – YouTube running
Screenshot 8 – YouTube running with perfect video quality
Screenshot 9 – Aptoide TV running
1. The screen can flicker sometimes on certain monitors. Fix: Click on the screen or wait a moment. That can happen the first time you start up RaspAnd and after every reboot. It can look like this.
2. Google Play Store won't run. Nothing to do about it (right now). Aptoide TV is a good replacement since you can install many new apps with it. NOTE: Google Play Services works very well (so you can install new GAPPS).
3. Not all apps will run in RaspAnd Nougat. You can for example run the popular (?) Clash of Clans very well (pre-installed), but not Angry Birds. Many many apps will run without problems though.
4. You may have to reconnect to your Wifi Network after every reboot of RaspAnd. Sort of a “bug”.
PLEASE NOTE that you shall not buy RaspAnd 7.1.2 if you expect that everything shall work flawlessly. I.e. you must be aware of the fact that the Raspberry Pi 3/2 computer has its limitations and that Android 7.1.2 is a very advanced Linux system. Having said that I must also say that the apps I have included in this Build (see above) work very well most of the time. Most important change: YouTube works very well!