Unlocking the Varga Charts of Vedic Astrology
Buy and Download >
The Divisional Charts of your horoscope reveal how each planet prismatically reflects through all the important areas of your life. The birth chart (varga #1), shows us the physical path you are walking. It shows the concrete experiences you will encounter as evolve through your life path.
The birth chart (varga #1) is based on the 12 signs, each being 30 degrees, which we refer to as the Zodiac. However, each degree of every sign has a special meaning and indication. An astrologer with the knowledge of how a planet in any degree will change the meaning of that planet from one chart to the next has access to profound astrological insights. This knowledge is revealed through an exploration of the Divisional Charts, also known as vargas.
In this course we will dive into the inner meanings of the following divisional charts.
- The Hora– (D2) – Chart for Wealth
- The Drekkena – (D3) – Chart for Siblings, Courage and Skill
- The Chaturtamsa – (D4) -The Chart for Property and Abundant Fortune
- The Saptamsa – (D7) – The Chart for Children, Sexuality and Creativity
- The Navamsa – (D9) – The Chart for Marriage, Purpose and Dharma
- The Dasamsa – (D10) – The Chart for Status, Power and Karmic Activity
In this video course, we will explore:
- How the natal birth chart reveals and reflects the Hora, Drekkena, Chaturtamsa, Saptamsa, Navamsa and Dasamsa.
- How to create each of these from the formulas outlined in Vedic texts
- How planetary and sign based aspects work within each considered divisional chart
- The role of each planet in the vargas
- The role of each house within the appropriate Vargas
- How to synthesize the information given in the Rasi Chart with the Vargas
Video 1 – Introduction to the Vargas – What are they? How do they work?
Video 2 – Formulas for Creating the Varga Charts
Video 3 – Planets and House Indications of the Hora (D2) and Drekkena (D3)
Video 4 – Planet and House Indications Saptamsa (D7) and Navamsa (D9)
Video 5 – Planet and House Indications of the Dasamsa (D10)
Video 6 – Synthesizing the Vargas Indications for Improved Chart Analysis
Advised Previous Study:
- This is an advanced course.
- Total length of all videos is over 12 hours.
- The Art and Science of Vedic Astrology Volume II is required reading for this course. If you do not have a copy of this book, you are encouraged to purchase it, as the course will make reference to material in this book. If you have the books, The Art and Science of Vedic Astrology Volume 1 and 2, you will have all information referenced in this course.
- Many of the tables, techniques and information referenced in the course are from that book.
- This is a large file (over 2 gigabytes). Be sure your internet speed can handle the download before purchasing. It is delivered as a digital download.
- Each class is near 2 hours of video. The videos are an .mp4 file. Be sure you can open an .mp4 file on your computer before ordering this course. They are also delivered as one large zip file. You will need a program that allows you to unzip this file.
- Due to the digital nature of this course, it is a non-refundable. Please be sure you are familiar with and resonate with Ryan’s approach to Vedic Astrology before committing to investing in this course. Free videos and classes can be reviewed here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyansVedicAstrology