RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 for Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 Build 170605 with GAPPS, Kodi 17.3, Aptoide TV, SnapTube and Clash of Clans
Buy and Download >
NEWS 170616 about RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2
A new version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 is ready. Most important change: YouTube works very well! The video performance in RaspAnd Build 170616 is generally much better than in build 170605. Example of perfect video quality while running YouTube in Build 170616.
Download RaspAnd Build 170616…
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170605 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps.
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services, but not Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.3 (latest version which "allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet". YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.2.0 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.2 (which you may or may not need)
5) Google Play Games 3.9.08 (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
6) Clash of Clans 9.24.9 (working very well!)
7) Gmail 7.4.23
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps)
9) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
10) Termux 0.48 (terminal with which you can use Apt to install certain programs)
11) SnapTube 188.8.131.5239 (with sound, but no video. However, using SnapTube you can download videos/movies from YouTube and replay them in Windows or Linux with perfect video quality)
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse.
Read more about Raspberry Pi…
Screenshot 1 - Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 - RaspAnd's Desktop
Screenshot 3 - Kodi running
Screenshot 4 - Kodi running (choosing Add-ons)
Screenshot 5 - ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 6 - Spotify running
Screenshot 8 – SnapTube running
Please note that the colors in the screenshots are not accurate. The actual screen color is more like in this picture taken with my mobile phone.
1. The screen can flicker sometimes on certain monitors. Fix: Click on the screen or wait a moment. That can happen the first time you start up RaspAnd and after every reboot. It can look like this.
2. Google Play Store won't run. Nothing to do about it (right now). Aptoide TV is a good replacement since you can install many new apps with it. NOTE: Google Play Services works very well (so you can install new GAPPS).
3. You can't watch videos/movies using YouTube. The sound is very good though. Nothing to do about it (right now). Please note that you can run YouTube in Kodi 17.3 with good video and sound quality.
4. Not all apps will run in RaspAnd Nougat. You can for example run the popular (?) Clash of Clans very well (pre-installed), but not Angry Birds. Many many apps will run without problems though.
5. You may have to reconnect to your Wifi Network after every reboot of RaspAnd. Sort of a “bug”.
PLEASE NOTE that you shall not buy RaspAnd 7.1.2 if you expect that everything shall work flawlessly. I.e. you must be aware of the fact that the Raspberry Pi 3/2 computer has its limitations and that Android 7.1.2 is a very advanced Linux system. Having said that I must also say that the apps I have included in this Build (see above) work very well most of the time.