RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 for Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 Build 170519 with Kodi 17.1, Aptoide TV, SnapTube and Termux
Buy and Download >
NEWS 170519 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2, which can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager. You can alternatively (of course) use the dd-command in a Linux system.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170519/170516 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps.
1) Kodi 17.1 (latest version which "allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet". YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
2) Firefox 53.0.2
3) Spotify 220.127.116.119 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.9 (which you may or may not need)
6) AIDA64 1.46 (for exploring your Rpi system)
7) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps)
8) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
9) Termux 0.48 (terminal with which you can use Apt to install certain programs)
10) SnapTube 18.104.22.16839 (with sound, but no video. However, using SnapTube you can download videos/movies from YouTube and replay them in Windows or Linux with perfect video quality)
ABOUT Android 7.1.2
Version 7.1.2 is the latest Android system by now. Released on April 8, 2017. The system is used in very few mobile phones (as far as I know).
Kodi (an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more) works very well in RaspAnd. You can enable a lot of Add-ons. Most important is that the YouTube Add-on is enabled by default and that it works very well. I.e. both the sound and the video performance in Kodi is satisfying.
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse.
Read more about Raspberry Pi…
Kernel 4.4.35-exton-v7+ is used in RaspAnd Nougat Build 170519/170516.
Screenshot 1 - Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 - RaspAnd's Desktop
Screenshot 3 - Kodi running
Screenshot 4 - Kodi running (choosing Add-ons)
Screenshot 5 - ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 6 - Spotify running
Screenshot 7 – AIDA64 running
Screenshot 8 – SnapTube running
Screenshot 9 – Termux running
Screenshot 10 – Settings running (choosing apps to start)
Please note that the colors in the screenshots are not accurate. The actual screen color is more like in this picture taken with my mobile phone.
1. The screen can flicker sometimes on certain monitors. Fix: Click on the screen or wait a moment. That can happen the first time you start up RaspAnd and after every reboot. It can look like this.
2. Google Play Store can't be installed. Nothing to do about it (right now). Aptoide TV is a good replacement since you can install many new apps with it.
3. You can't watch videos/movies using YouTube in Firefox. The sound is very good though. Nothing to do about it (right now). Please note that you can run YouTube in Kodi 17.1 with good video and sound quality.
4. Not all apps will run in RaspAnd Nougat. You can for example run the popular (?) Clash of Clans, but not Angry Birds. Many many apps will run without problems though.
5. You may have to reconnect to your Wifi Network after every reboot of RaspAnd. Sort of a “bug”.
PLEASE NOTE that you shall not buy RaspAnd 7.1.2 if you expect that everything shall work flawlessly. I.e. you must be aware of the fact that the Raspberry Pi 3/2 computer has its limitations and that Android 7.1.2 is a very advanced Linux system. Having said that I must also say that the apps I have included in this Build (see above) work very well most of the time.
NOTE: I have made a new version of RaspAnd 7.1.2 with GAPPS and Clash of Clans - Build 170605