RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.1 for Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 Build 170127 with GAPPS and Kodi 17.0-RC4
Buy and Download >
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.1 Build 170127 is an Android 7.1.1 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps.
1) GAPPS (latest by 170125)
2) Kodi 17.0-RC4 (with YouTube enabled and working!)
3) Firefox 51.0
4) Spotify 1.0.0
5) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.9
6) AIDA64 1.44
7) Aptoide App Store 18.104.22.168
8) YouTube 1.3.11 (sound, but no video. If you, however, use SnapTube you can download videos/movies from YouTube and replay them in Windows or Linux with perfect video quality)
9) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8
10) Gmail 7.1.1
11) Google Play Services 10.2.91
12) Google App 22.214.171.124
13) Google Play Store 7.4.12.L-all (not working, but since Google Play Services work very well you can install many new GAPPS using Aptoide App Store).
14) SnapTube 126.96.36.199.8655
Kodi (an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more) works very well in RaspAnd. You can enable a lot of Add-ons. Most important is that the YouTube Add-on is enabled by default and that it works very well. I.e. both the sound and the video performance in Kodi is satisfying.
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python. It’s capable of doing everything you’d expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games.
Read more about Raspberry Pi…
Kernel 4.4.35-exton-v7+ is used in RaspAnd Nougat Build 170127.
Screenshot 1 - Aptoide App Store running
Screenshot 2 - RaspAnd's Desktop
Screenshot 3 - Kodi running
Screenshot 4 - Kodi running (choosing Add-ons)
Screenshot 5 - ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 6 - Spotify running
Screenshot 7 – AIDA64 running
Screenshot 8 – SnapTube running
Screenshot 9 – SnapTube running and downloading from YouTube
1. The screen can flicker sometimes on certain monitors. Fix: Click on the screen or wait a moment.
2. Google Play Store won't run. Nothing to do about it (right now). Aptoide is a good replacement since you can install most Google apps using Aptoide.
3. You can't watch videos/movies using the YouTube app. The sound is very good though. Nothing to do about it (right now). Please note that you can run YouTube in Kodi with good video and sound quality.
4. Not all apps will run in RaspAnd Nougat. You can for example run the popular (?) Clash of Clans, but not Angry Birds. Many many apps will run without problems though.
5. You may have to reconnect to your Wifi Network after every reboot of RaspAnd. Sort of a “bug”.
PLEASE NOTE that the installation to a Micro SD Card has to take place in Linux.