7 Steps to Social Engineering
There is no shortcut to learning how to walk with the Spirit. It's not just for ultra-spiritual people nor is it reserved for charismatic Christians. Life according to the Spirit is not simply trying to do the right thing, nor is it trying to live according to God's Law. Walking in the Spirit is the central metaphor for describing what it means to live as a Christian. The person who walks according to the Spirit will in fact have the essence of the Law fulfilled in his life.
The Holy Spirit leads us broadly (always) and more specifically (sometimes). He always leads us through his written Word, which was revealed to the prophets by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:20-21). We are to prayerfully, carefully, and humbly apply broad biblical wisdom to the situations we face in our lives. Sometimes the Holy Spirit leads us directly. The Holy Spirit can choose to act in any way and according to any timetable that he wishes; we do not dictate to him how or when he will move. Since the Bible gives many examples of him acting more specifically, we should anticipate that he will sometimes choose to lead us directly if we are open and available to his guidance.
- Walk in the Spirit - (Rom. 8:4)
- Set your minds on the things of the Spirit (Rom. 8:5)
- Put to death the deeds of the body by the Spirit (Rom. 8:13)
- Be led by the Spirit (Rom. 8:14)
- Know the Fatherhood of God by the Spirit (Rom. 8:15-17)
- Hope in the Spirit (Rom 8:22-25)
- Pray in the Spirit (Rom. 8:26-28)